After erasing several blog posts due to a massive blogging rut, I thought I would just update you with what's been going on at the Davis household lately. It's weird to see the fall filling up the stores lately because here in San Diego, summer virtually lasts until the end of October! Sunny and 75.
- Max is starting to get more vocal. Calvin started speaking early on so it concerned me originally that Max was doing things a bit differently. Of course, I am slowly beginning to see now that each child develops at their own pace and it's not fair to compare kids. Oh, and Max has finally mastered how to get his way in our house with always saying his "peas" and "tank you's."
- Calvin blows my mind on how quickly he retains information. He can retain almost any song he hears on the radio and is turning into quite the karaokee guy. Some of his favorite songs are "Humble and Kind," "Ex's and Oh's," "Shake it Off," "Unsteady," "Dance, Dance," and "Hunting, Fishing, and Loving Everyday."
- Max has been taking 3-hour afternoon naps, which is great, but Calvin and I get a little stir crazy at the 1.5 hour mark and I secretly wish he and I could go somewhere special during that time. Since he naps for so long I have been trying to get a cat nap in myself for about 30 min., then I'll do some housework, catch up on reading and shows, and spend some quality time with Calvin.
- I went to Nordstrom Rack yesterday with my sister. Thanks to the fluorescent lighting I am now seeing the effects of my complete lack of working out lately. You would think department stores would put flattering lighting in their dressing rooms, but that was totally opposite from the experience I had. With that said, I think I am due for some major air squats. Anyone else slacking on exercise this summer?
- My kids are finally growing. Calvin has been in 18 month - 2T clothes for over a year now and he finally has outgrown his shoes and clothes. Sadly, he has so much wear and tear that not many things will be handed down to Max, but it's still exciting for him and for me to see him catching up at last. With preschool a few weeks away I'm excited to finally get him some new clothes; it's been over a year. ;)
- Calvin is obsessed with the 99 cent store. I took him there once and handed him a couple of dollars to buy what he wanted. Apparently it was life-changing for him because he can spot their stores and tractor-trailers miles away ever since.
- I saw Bad Moms with my mom and sister at the Cinepolis a few weeks ago. (Side note: The Cinepolis is a game changer and I am totally okay with spending the extra money to watch a movie in that much comfort.) The movie was hilarious! I couldn't breathe on multiple occasions and I will for sure be watching it again when it's available for purchase. Some of the scenes were overdone but as a whole I could relate to 90% of the claims, and the acting was phenomenal. If you are okay with some mild profanity and are in need of a good laugh, run and go see it.
- My mom and I are HUGE Val and Maks Chmerkovskiy fans. I bought us tickets for her birthday and we went to see them at the San Diego Civic Theatre last week. The show was everything we hoped for, and more. The venue is super small and our seats were awesome so the entire show felt up close and personal. The brothers explained their story of how they came to America and how they became the stars and success they are today. The set, stage, and lighting was nothing to rave about, but the dancing and rawness to the show was worth every penny. Their tour just ended, but if they ever do it again and dancing is your thing then you HAVE to see it.
Hope you are all having a good summer and that you got to check a few things off your bucket list along the way. I have been looking into some cooking and baking classes for the next few months to learn some new skills, so that's what is next on the agenda for me. As September nears I'll give you an update on how preschool goes for Mr. Calvin. Have a great rest of the week!